2007年12月24日 星期一

Christmas

I'm not a Christian. To me, Christmas is just another day for businessmen to make more and more money!

Every year from the first day of December, you can see all kinds of merchandise or sales promotion related to Christmas, such as "Christmas Dolls" from convenience stores, "Christmas Special Meal" from restaurants, "Christmas Discounts" from bookstores, department stores and so on. Every store tries their best to catch consumers' attention and persuades them to spend as much money as they can.

I have heard that people in Western countries are more addicted to "Christmas Sales" in December because they have a long vacation for Christmas and New Year. They even think it essential for a whole family to decorate Christmas trees together. I love the idea of gathering all the family members on this holiday - just like the Moon Festival in Taiwan - it is a yearly reunion for them.

I wanted to spend my Christmas Eve (12/24) and Christmas Day (12/25) with my mom, but she had to work late. To make things worse, I had to work (a part-time job) on Christmas Day, too! So if you ask me what I've done on Christmas, my answer would definitely be "Making money!".

沒有留言: