2007年11月13日 星期二

HW4

Part I. About the Bluemen performance

A. Transcribe the complete text.

Your attention please. Thank you for choosing Earth as your planetary vehicle. We hope you enjoy the many wonderful features of this planet as you hurtle through the cosmos. Please note, however, that in the event of continued inaction in the face of global warming, your seat cushion can be used as a flotation device. Also, please take a moment to locate this planet's emergency exists. As you can see, there aren't any. Earth. To America! Can you hear? Sending out a message loud and clear. Can you hear?

B. What do you think of this performance?

What a brilliant performance! I have heard of this group, BLUE MAN, a few years ago. I was impressed when I saw their performance at the very first time. It is not until today do I realize that they bring not only entertainment but also education to us. I love the idea of using things like tubes to make strong beats, which I think is also appeal to everyone. "Global Warming" is a global crisis which everyone knows but pays little attention to. They choose this theme as their topic in order to catch the viewers' attention, so that everyone could face this problem again seriously and try to do something about it.


Part II. About global citizenship

A. In what ways do you think you are already a global citizen?

Through the innovation of new technologies, such as the Internet and communications satellites, the whole world becomes a "Global Village". It's convenient to catch up with the world's latest event by using these inventions. I don't always have time to watch TV news, but I'll glance at the headlines on the homepage of YAHOO website. In this way, I can at least get a superficial view of the world affairs. Therefore, I think I'm already a global citizen.

B. How can you become a better global citizen?

Whenever I think of those homeless polar bears in the North Pole(because the glaciers melt away swiftly), I do my best to save this planet. I turnoff the lights as soon as I leave the room, reuse things that can be used again, reduce the amount of the wastes I make, and so on. I'll also try to remind my family and my friends of the seriousness of global warming. As long as everyone bears the responsibility of saving this planet, I believe the world will become better and better.

1 則留言:

Unknown 提到...

Keep on blogging
dsf