2007年11月28日 星期三

Music and Me

To me, music is the spice of life. Without it, my life will not be as rich as it is now. I have learned a musical instrument - electone, or keyboard, since I was seven. And I'm sure it has made a great impact on me.

Inevitably, I encountered some difficulties and was frustrated on my learning when I was about ten. I even wanted to stop learning this musical instrument. However, my mom kept encouraging me not to give up. When I look back now, I'm glad that I decided to take her advice.

The reason why my mom sent me to a "electone" class instead of a piano class is because that she thought it is much more interesting to play the "electone" than to play the piano, and she was right! I'm not interested in classical music at all (I have no idea what the composers are trying to convey to us!)!!

I love rock music, and LINKIN PARK is one of my favorite groups. In fact, I used to hate this kind of music, because I thought it was nothing but noise. But I then realized that there are always something meaningful in their lyrics, such as the song What I've Done of LINKIN PARK: "So let mercy come and wash away what I've done. I'll face myself to cross out what I've become. Erase myself and let go of what I've done...". This music video contains lots of hot issues: poverty gap, starving, war, terrorism, racial discrimination, global warming, and so on. I feel very depressed every time when I see this music video. I had exactly the same feeling when I saw the BLUE MAN performance few weeks ago...

LINKIN PARK - What I've Done (MV)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK3hGFekhBg

沒有留言: